Two 8 ounce servings
Need a warm healthy sweet drink during those cold Winter nights? Try this Reishi mushroom milkshake to shake off those Winter blues and rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit. This simple and easy to prepare beverage is the perfect tonic as you endure Winter’s relentless cold breath and will make you optimistic that Spring will follow soon.
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Regular (non-flavored) Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon Reishi Mushroom Powder
- 1 teaspoon Raw Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Ginger (minced)
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Turmeric (minced)
- pinch sea salt (optional)
- pinch black pepper
Whisk: Blend the ingredients together over heat using a sauce whisk to ensure they are thoroughly blended during the heating process.
Saucepan: A copper saucepan is ideal for making beverages as the metal’s conductive properties allows for faster and more even cooking than stainless steel.
Blender: Use a blender having a jar that will not crack when used for hot or cold mixtures.
Glass: A double wall insulated glass mug is perfect for drinking this Reishi mushroom beverage
- Pour all milk ingredients into a copper saucepan to allow for even cooking and heat over medium heat.
- While milk begins to heat whisk ginger, turmeric, salt, and pepper.
- Continue whisking and remove from heat when the milk begins to simmer.
- Cover the saucepan and let stand for about 5-6 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture into a heat-proof blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients, Reishi mushroom powder, and raw honey.
- Blend all ingredients until silky smooth.
- Pour the drink into two double wall insulated glass mugs and enjoy!